At Edward F. Macaulay Law Corp, we are committed to providing you with the practical advice you require. Our firm's practice areas encompass all major aspects of wills, estates, trust and guardianship disputes. Located in Vancouver, we advise clients on testamentary and committeeship issues within British Columbia.
Full-Service Firm For Estate And Trust Disputes
When you are faced with uncertainty about financial or capacity issues connected to an estate or trust, obtaining the services of an experienced lawyer is important. Edward F. Macaulay has spent more than two decades in legal practice and his caseload includes:
- Disputed wills and estates: Testamentary documents, including wills and trusts, are often a source of conflict between beneficiaries. We launch and defend against estate legal claims and provide advisory information to clients.
- Will challenges and defences: A will's validity may be questioned if the testator lacked sufficient mental capacity or was unduly influenced. We challenge and defend wills on behalf of clients.
- Will variances: A will maker has the responsibility to provide for his or her spouse and children in a will. When the provisions made are inadequate, we take legal steps to ask a court to vary the will accordingly.
- Estate administration and probate: We advise estate administrators on the steps they must take following a testator's death to fulfil their responsibilities to the estate. We also advise in cases where there is no will.
- Responsibilities of a trustee: We advise trustees on their responsibilities to a trust. In the case of challenge, we defend trustees or take steps to have them removed.
- Adult guardianship: We handle committee applications, also known as guardianship, for adults unable to make their own personal and financial decisions due to mental incapacity.
In every case, we develop a rapport with clients that permits us to speak candidly about their legal options. Our legal advice is based on what is in our clients' best interests given their unique circumstances and our objective view of their situations.
Legal Actions And Probate Lawyer For North Vancouver And The Lower Mainland
Consulting a Vancouver will and trustee litigation lawyer is a prudent first step to determine your legal responsibilities and rights. To schedule a meeting, call us at 604-259-2896 in the Lower Mainland or toll free at 800-401-4983. You can also reach our office online.